Symantec is searching for an experienced, reliable and big picture-oriented Executive Assistant to provide full time support to a top line executive in their Cambridge, MA office. This executive leader reports directly to the CEO and oversees a large global organization with direct reports in multiple offices around the world. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. We are looking for a naturally proactive person who can easily handle core administrative competencies - including but not limited to complex Outlook calendar management, domestic and international travel arrangements, coordination of meetings and events, expense reporting – as well as a forward thinker who is willing to learn the business area and stay on top of current trends. The ideal candidate will quickly acclimate to the executive’s style and vernacular to be able to assist with presentation preparation, organizational communications development and industry research. This role will often require the candidate to represent the organization as the customer contact, providing professional and timely service to external parties as it relates to business priorities.
Distinguishing qualities that we are looking for:
- Someone who thrives off of a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and can maintain a sense of calm professionalism
- A natural leader who is proactive, confident, and emotionally mature
- Someone who values the importance of building and maintaining positive relationships with cross functional peers and teams
- Someone who is comfortable acting in a leadership role when needed to keep teams aligned and focused
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to maintain team confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Must be reachable during off hours
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 4-6 years experience in a professional environment, Executive Assistant experience not specifically required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, background in media or communications is a plus
- Capable with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with Concur, Workday or Oracle is a plus
- Solid comfort level in dealing with high profile clientele and highly confidential information
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), the world’s leading cyber security company, helps organizations, governments and people secure their most important data wherever it lives. Organizations across the world look to Symantec for strategic, integrated solutions to defend against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, cloud and infrastructure. Likewise, a global community of more than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton suite of products for protection at home and across all of their devices. Symantec operates one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks, allowing it to see and protect against the most advanced threats. For additional information, please visit www.symantec.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume by e-mail to Kelly Burn, Kelly_burns@symantec.com.
Post Available Opportunities in our Boston Executive Assistant Community!
We post jobs to help you find a great Executive Assistant. Your post will reach over 1,000 potential candidates; all Executive Assistants in the Greater Boston area.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to post your available job opportunity today!